‘Roadsides in Bloom’ photo contest open
CHARLESTON — The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection is now taking submissions for the 16th annual West Virginia Operation Wildflower 2019 “Roadsides in Bloom” calendar contest.
The deadline for entries is Monday, Oct. 1.
The following rules for the contest apply:
• Photographs must be taken in West Virginia;
• Entries must be submitted as an 8x10 color print and must be landscape orientation (Portrait orientation will not be accepted). Digital copies can be sent on a CD or flash drive.
• Flowers must be growing along a road and the road must be prominently visible in the photo. They may be growing naturally or in an Operation Wildflower bed planted by the West Virginia Division of Highways. Pictures of cultivated species planted in arranged beds, such as marigolds, pansies, etc., do not qualify.
• Name, address, phone number, email address (if you have one) and a short description of the photo, including location and county of where the photo was taken, must appear in the upper left-hand corner on the back of the photo. Photos become property of the WVDEP and will not be returned.
• No more than three entries per person. Only one winning photo will be selected from any photographer’s entries.
• Winners will be required to submit a digital copy of their photo.
Twelve winners will be selected to represent the months of the year. A grand-prize winner will be chosen to appear on the calendar cover.
Entries are to be mailed to:
WV Operation Wildflower
Roadsides in Bloom Calendar Contest
WV Department of Environmental Protection/REAP
601 57th St. S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304