Complete Teardown of Peraso’s X710 Chipset 60GHz Outdoor Wireless Broadband Solution - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 29, 2018--The “Peraso X710 Chipset 60GHz Outdoor Wireless Broadband Solution Complete Teardown Report” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report includes a full investigation of the system, featuring a detailed study of the baseband processor, the RFIC and the antenna board including die analyses, processes and board cross-sections. We focus on the RFIC block diagram and the antenna board routing view and dimensions. The report contains a complete cost analysis and a selling price estimation of the chipset. Finally, it features an exhaustive comparison with the Qualcomm chipset for router and handset applications.
Even though millimeter-wave (mmWave) technology has become better defined this year, several questions remain unanswered. How will the technology be implemented? Which manufacturing technology will be used? Will it be used in cellphone handsets? Which companies will prevail in the market? Today, the only glimpse of what could be done in the near future is the WiGig application, which spans handsets, routers and backhaul products. Qualcomm is already in prime position in radio-frequency (RF) CMOS technology in handset applications. But for backhaul, where the power and performance requirements are higher, there’s room for other technologies and competitors. Peraso Technologies is one that is already well positioned, with several design wins for its X710 chipset.
Peraso Technologies’ three product series target consumer, industrial and augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) applications. The X series chipset for outdoor wireless broadband solutions is composed of two separate components, a baseband integrated circuit (IC) and an RFIC. Integrated into the IgniteNet ML-690-LW device, the solution features also a ceramic substrate-based phase array antenna. Soldered on the same board as 32 antennae, the all-60GHz solution takes up only 5% of the device volume.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Company Profile and WiGig technology
3. IgniteNet ML-60-LW teardown
4. Market Analysis
5. Physical AnalysisPhysical analysis methodology Baseband IC and RF IC package analysis Die analysis: Baseband processor and RF IC Antenna board analysis Physical analysis comparison Peraso chipset - baseband vs. RFIC packaging Peraso vs. Qualcomm chipset - baseband IC, RFIC, antennae Backhaul vs. router vs. handset - chipset, form factor
6. Manufacturing process flowDie fabrication unit: Baseband processor, RFIC Packaging fabrication unit Exposed die FCBGA package process flow
7. Cost AnalysisOverview of the cost analysis Supply chain description Yield hypotheses Die cost analyses: Baseband processor, RFIC Baseband and RFIC package cost analysis Final test cost Component coste Grating
8. Estimated price analysis
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8xzx9b/complete_teardown?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180829005266/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Hardware,Wireless Telecommunications ,Wireless Broadband
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY HARDWARE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 08/29/2018 05:23 AM/DISC: 08/29/2018 05:23 AM