Somerset Walmart first in region with Pickup Tower, Scan & Go
As Walmart continues to lead in retail innovation, the company is expanding the roll out of cutting-edge technology to select stores across the midstate. Headlining the list is Walmart’s new Pickup Tower, which enables customers to quickly and easily retrieve Walmart.com purchases in-store. Also new is Scan & Go, which allows customers to scan items as they shop in-store andcompletely skip the traditional checkout line.
Both are coming to the Walmart Supercenter in Somerset, Pennsylvania – the first location in central Pennsylvania to get them.
“This is a great example of using technology to make shopping easier and more convenient for our customers. So many people use smartphones and many shop online as part of their daily lives, and we’re very excited to be able to offer them a more enjoyable shopping experience,” said Somerset Store Manager Jason Porter. “Scan & Go gives customers the flexibility to checkout based on their preferences. The Pickup Tower enables customers to retrieve online orders without waiting in line. Not to mention, it looks very cool.”
Scan & Go, the latest example of Walmart’s commitment to help customers to shop however, whenever, and wherever they want, was recently installed at the Walmart Supercenter located at 2028 N. Center Ave, Somerset, PA 15501.
Using Pickup Tower
Simply choose from millions of items available on Walmart.com and select the “Pickup” option at checkout.
When the item arrives at your local store, an associate loads it into the Pickup Tower and you will receive notification.
When you arrive at the store, step up to the Pickup Tower and scan the bar code sent to your smartphone.
You will receive your order in less than a minute.
Using Scan & Go
· Simply download the Scan & Go app onto a mobile phone and open the app inside Walmart, or use the devices available in store.
· Scan the barcode of each item you wish to purchase and then place the item into the shopping cart. No barcode? Quickly look up the item with “Find an Item.”
· As you shop, you will see the running total of the items in your cart.
· Easily checkout and pay in the app.
· Show the receipt from your phone to an associate on the way out. It’s that simple.
In October 2017, Walmart shared it is investing around $11 billion in 2017 and 2018 in the U.S. in store growth, store remodels and other innovations, such as Pickup Towers, Online Grocery Pickup, Scan & Go and more.
Shop How, Where and When You Want: Convenience Offerings
Walmart is innovating the shopping experience like no one else – so customers can shop when and how they want.
· Customers can shop nearly 67 million items on walmart.com or through a new partnership with Google Express.
· Walmart also gives customers the power of choice; Pickup Discount gives customers a discount on select items if they choose to pick up their Walmart.com order at a store.
· In addition, free 2-Day shipping is offered with no extra cost for orders of $35 or more.
· The Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android makes shopping easier than ever. By using the Walmart mobile app, customers can create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save e-receipts and shop walmart.com.
· Express Services is a new feature in the Walmart app that is combined with in-store Express Lanes in most stores to help expedite customers’ Money Services transactions and will soon include Pharmacy Services.
· With Online Grocery Pickup, customers select from up to 40,000 online grocery items, diapers, dog food and more, and choose the best time to pick their items up. A Walmart personal shopper loads the groceries into the customer’s car upon arrival – all at no additional cost.