AP NEWS

Water heater fire leaves home uninhabitable

November 27, 2018

BYRON – A suspected water heater fire at a home Saturday night left the residence uninhabitable, according to the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office.

Olmsted County Sheriff’s deputies as well as the Byron Fire Department were called to a residence in the 800 block of Fourth Street Northeast, in Byron, shortly before 7:45 p.m. Saturday for a report of a residential structure fire, according to Capt. Scott Behrns.

A 34-year-old man, 34-year-old woman and a 3-year-old child were able to get out of the residence uninjured, Behrns said. The home’s residents reported they could smell smoke in the home but didn’t know the source.

The fire is believed to have started in a basement utility room, near the water heater, Behrns said. The home was uninhabitable because of the smoke smell, Behrns said.

AP RADIO
Update hourly