$76 Billion Diabetes Drug Market, Oral, Injection, Regions, and Companies, 2018 Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 26, 2018--The “Diabetes Drug Market, Oral, Injection, Regions, and Companies” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global diabetes drug market is expected to surpass US$ 76 Billion by the end of the year 2024
Rising global diabetes prevalence like Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes is the major reason for the growth of the diabetes drug market. Type 2 diabetes is on the rise globally due to growth in obesity trends, sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity. Type 1 diabetes patient requires less amount diabetes drug, whereas Type 2 diabetes patient is a massive consumer of diabetes drug. Several companies are creating their diabetes drug pipeline and trying to broaden their diabetes drug portfolio which will further boost the global diabetes drug market in the forecast period.
Diabetes is a condition in which the patient has a high blood sugar level over a long drawn period. There are 3 types of diabetes Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, and Gestational diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is a condition in which patient pancreas fails to produce enough insulin. It is also called juvenile diabetes. In Type 2 diabetes body cells fail to respond to insulin properly. The third one is Gestational diabetes in which a pregnant woman with no history of diabetes develops high blood sugar level. Globally 90% of the diabetes patients are Type 2 and rest are Type 1 cases.
Type 2 Diabetes Patients has bigger Consumer Base
In this report, we have categorized the diabetes drug market into two part; type 1 diabetes drug market and type 2 diabetes drug markets.
(DPP) IV Inhibitor Segment has the largest Market in Global Diabetes Drug Market
According to this research, this report provides an in-depth analysis of diabetes drug market form multiple perspectives. Here the global diabetes drug market has been categorized into 3 segments: Oral
Diabetes Drug Market, Injectable Diabetes Drug Market, and InsulinOral Diabetes Drug Market is further sub-divided into 5 categories by drug class- (DPP) IV Inhibitor, SGLT-2, Alpha Glucosidase Inhibitor, Biguanide, and Other Oral Drug markets. Injectable Diabetes Drug Market has been further classified into 2 parts - Glucagon-like peptide (GLP) 1 agonist and Amylin receptor agonist market. Insulin Market has been further categorized into 4 parts - Rapid - Acting Insulin market, Long Acting Insulin market, Premixed Insulin market, and Other Insulin markets.
United States dominates the Global diabetes drug Market
The regions covered in the report for of type 1 diabetes drug market are the United States, European Union (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom), Japan and Canada.
The regions covered for type 2 diabetes drug market - are United States, European Union (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom), Japan, China, India and Brazil. In addition, we have also covered diabetes population of each of these covered regions along with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes populations.
Novo Nordisk is the Largest Player in Global Diabetes Drug Market
In this report, a comprehensive assessment of global diabetes drug revenue by five major key players is covered. The key players covered in the report are Novo Nordisk, Merck & Co, Eli Lilly, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Boehringer Ingelheim. This report covers historical sales analysis and forecast along with major factors like diabetes R&D and pipeline of diabetes drug in a separate chapter.
Disease Type - Global Diabetes Drug Market
1. By Type 1 Diabetes Drug Market 2. By Type 2 Diabetes Drug Market
Product - Global Diabetes Drug Market
1. (DPP) IV inhibitor 2. SGLT-2 3. Alpha Glucosidase Inhibitor 4. Biguanide 5. Others Oral Drug
1. Glucagon-like peptide (GLP) 1 agonist 2. Amylin receptor agonist
1. Rapid - Acting Insulin 2. Long-Acting Insulin 3. Premixed Insulin 4. Other Insulin
Key Players Analysis
1. Novo Nordisk 2. Merck & Co 3. Eli Lilly 4. AstraZeneca 5. Johnson & Johnson 6. Boehringer Ingelheim
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Global Diabetes Drug Market
5. Market Share - Global Diabetes Drug 5.1 Disease Type 5.2 Therapy - (Oral, Injection, Insulin) 5.3 Oral Drug 5.4 Injection Drug 5.5 Insulin 5.6 Regions - Type 1 Diabetes Drug 5.7 Regions - Type 2 Diabetes Drug
6. Disease Type - Global Diabetes Drug Market 6.1 Type 1 Diabetes 6.2 Type 2 Diabetes
7. Therapy - Global Diabetes Drug Market 7.1 Oral Drugs Market 7.1.1 (DPP) IV Inhibitor 7.1.2 SGLT-2 7.1.3 Alpha Glucosidase Inhibitor 7.1.4 Biguanide 7.1.5 Others Oral Drug 7.2 Injectable Drugs Market 7.2.1 Glucagon-like peptide (GLP) 1 agonist 7.2.2 Amylin Receptor Agonist 7.3 Insulin Market 7.3.1 Rapid - Acting Insulin 7.3.2 Long Acting Insulin 7.3.3 Premixed Insulin 7.3.4 Other Insulin
8. Region - Type 1 Diabetes Drug Market
9. Region - Type 2 Diabetes Drug Market
10. Regions - Diabetic Population
11. Key Players Analysis 11.1 Overview 11.1.1 R&D Pipeline 11.1.2 Sales Analysis
12. Mergers & Acquisitions
13. Market Dynamics 13.1 Growth Drivers 13.1.1 Rising Prevalence of Diabetes 13.1.2 Rising Cost of Diabetes Care 13.2 Challenges 13.2.1 Controversy regarding Clinical Benefits 13.3 Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c584z6/76_billion?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181126005526/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Infusions and Injectables,Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders Drugs,Diabetes Drugs
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL DIABETES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 11/26/2018 10:51 AM/DISC: 11/26/2018 10:51 AM