AP NEWS

Storms possible this weekend, but it won’t be a washout

May 2, 2019

Isolated storms and rain will be possible this weekend, but outdoor plans shouldn’t be too interrupted.

Friday morning will be dry and cloudy. Counties south of the Triangle may see some rain or storms Friday afternoon before a front sitting off to the west brings a stronger chance for rain and storms to central North Carolina over the weekend.

WRAL meteorolosit Mike Maze said the best chance to see rain would come on Sunday.

There’s a 20 percent chance for rain on Friday and a 30 percent chance on Saturday. Sunday has a 50 percent chance of rain.

That rain comes with a cold front, and temperatures will stay in the 70s on Monday.