AP NEWS

Fire damages Somerset garage

December 29, 2018

Fire broke out shortly before 1 p.m. Friday in a garage in the 4300 block of Glades Pike in Somerset Township near the Somerset Borough line.

The garage is a rental unit beside Stanga’s Fire Extinguisher Sales & Service. Paul Gary of 7 Gary’s said his family owns the building, and this space was being rented by Moon Contracting. He said contracting supplies were in the garage. Sean Ibinson, Somerset Volunteer Fire Department second assistant chief, said the fire was in the ceiling and roof. The volunteers cut a hole in the roof to make sure all of the flames were extinguished. He was not sure of the cause early Friday afternoon.

Firefighters from Sipesville, Bakersville, Rockwood and New Centerville were also on the scene along with Somerset Area Ambulance and Somerset Borough police. No injuries were reported.

AP RADIO
Update hourly