AP NEWS

Four dogs perish in house fire in Kankakee

July 28, 2018

KANKAKEE — Four dogs died in a house fire Friday morning in the 900 block of South Fifth Avenue in Kankakee. Another dog was rushed to a local veterinarian, and it appears it will survive

Chief Damon Schuldt said firefighters used an animal air mask on the animals. No one was home at the time.

Smoke was showing when firefighters arrived, Schuldt said. The fire appeared to start in the kitchen area and was deemed an accident. There was smoke and water damage throughout the two-story ranch-style house. There was no damage estimate.

Schuldt said the American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Kankakee Township and Limestone Fire Protection assisted.

AP RADIO
Update hourly