Virtustream Announces Its Participation at SAPPHIRE NOW® to Showcase New Archiving & Data Management Solution and Fully Managed Support for Several SAP Applications
ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 6, 2019--Virtustream, an SAP partner, today announced that it will participate at SAPPHIRE NOW® and ASUG Annual Conference, May 7-9 in Orlando, Florida, in booth # 2034. Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, will showcase its market-leading cloud solutions designed to help businesses with their transformation to SAP S/4HANA ®. Virtustream also announced a major expansion to its portfolio of fully-managed applications, including archiving and data management.
The managed applications portfolio expansion includes support for SAP Convergent Mediation solution by DigitalRoute, for both SAP HANA ® Enterprise Cloud and Virtustream Enterprise Cloud. Additionally, SAP Data Hub and a new managed anti-malware solution designed to extend anti-virus and malware protection into applications running on the SAP NetWeaver ® stack are available via Virtustream Enterprise Cloud.
These new managed solutions are available today and build on Virtustream’s years of expertise helping customers migrate and manage their enterprise resource planning (ERP) landscapes in the cloud.
Virtustream is exhibiting at SAPPHIRE NOW to demonstrate how customers can simplify the process of moving to SAP S/4HANA, as well as how to condense timelines and reduce costs for migrating mission-critical ERP systems to the cloud.
Virtustream offers customers data management and archiving solutions, including fully automating SAP landscape deployments, from the virtual machine (VM) to the application layer, such as automating compliance checks and simplifying monitoring, security and encryption, as well as other services configurations.
“We offer SAP customers a comprehensive approach for the planning, migration, integration and optimization of their mission-critical applications in the cloud,” said Deepak Patil, senior vice president, Cloud Platform and Services, Virtustream. “With our expertise and new enhanced services, we can help customers on their IT modernization journey to reduce their time-to-cloud and improve application performance.”
Highlights of Virtustream’s new and expanded offerings include the following:
Expanded Data Migration Offerings
- Pre-migration Data Analyses and Archiving Services: These services keep customers’ database footprint as small as possible, reducing the associated costs with database licensees, infrastructure-related costs and work to protect business continuity objectives.
- Ongoing Data Management: The new service helps customers prioritize vast amounts of data and better apply data management techniques, such as archiving and off-loading, in conjunction with an SAP S/4HANA deployment.
- Data Translation: As customers consider various data translation scenarios for managing data within SAP S/4HANA, Virtustream announced an SAP Data Hub offering last year at SAPPHIRE 2018 and has since earned an Innovation Award for its turnkey deployment of the solution.
Expanded Platform Support for SAP Applications
- Refreshed Compute Node Offerings for SAP HANA: Virtustream has updated its range of offerings to feature the latest Dell EMC platforms leveraging Intel SkyLake processors, with more flexible compute and memory footprints. Expanded portfolio coverage includes SAP Data Hub, Anti-Virus protection services for SAP NetWeaver, and SAP Convergent Mediation solution by DigitalRoute.
- Automated Full Stack Provisioning for SAP solutions: Virtustream is extending its application-level automation capabilities to include one-touch provisioning of full SAP application stacks, with embedded standards deployed for optimal runtime on SAP HANA.
- Security Posture: SAP S/4HANA makes use of SAP Fiori ®, the latest user experience from SAP utilizing a role-based, consumer-grade user experience. Virtustream offers an antivirus scanning solution specifically designed for SAP Fiori applications, allowing customers to extend protection into the application layer.
SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference are the world’s premier business technology event and largest SAP customer-run conference, offering attendees the opportunity to learn and network with customers, SAP executives, partners, and experts across the entire SAP ecosystem.
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, the Virtustream xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
*Virtustream, xStream and other trademarks are trademarks of Virtustream, Inc. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SAP, SAPPHIRE NOW, SAP S/4HANA, SAP Fiori, SAP HANA and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190506005413/en/
CONTACT: See theVirtustream Newsroom
Frank E. Smith
Head of Global Communications, Virtustream
(512) 761- 2809
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA FLORIDA VIRGINIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT INTERNET SOFTWARE SECURITY
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/06/2019 10:15 AM/DISC: 05/06/2019 10:15 AM