Man sentenced in domestic violence and drugs case
IRONTON — A South Point man was sentenced Wednesday in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court to three years in prison for domestic violence, disrupting public service and trafficking in drugs.
Ronald R. Harmon Jr., 34, of County Road 1, South Point, was sentenced in the case by Judge Charles “Chuck” Cooper.
In an unrelated case, Thomas J. Holsinger, 20, of the 1300 block of South 10th Street, Ironton, was sentenced by Cooper to 30 months in prison for trafficking in drugs (methamphetamine) and for violating community control sanctions.
In other cases:
• Matthew A. Hoff, 29, of Township Road 1039, Chesapeake, pleaded guilty to endangering children and was sentenced to 11 months in prison. He was given credit for 10 days already served.
• Larry M. Chinn, 30, of Ohio 141, Ironton, pleaded to aggravated vehicular assault, driving under the influence and failure to stop after an accident. Chinn also admitted violating community control sanctions. Final sentencing was set for Oct. 17. He was released on house arrest on GPS and also was ordered to have an alcohol minor pending final sentencing.
• Michelle Curry, 37, of Private Drive 3367, South Point, was placed on community control sanctions for four years and was ordered to complete a 135-day program at the STAR Community Justice Center in Franklin Furnace, Ohio.
• Stephanie J. Gallagher, 38, of the 1500 block of North 2nd Street, Ironton, pleaded guilty to two counts of possession of drugs and illegal conveyance of prohibited items onto the grounds of a detention facility. Final sentencing will be set later.
• James B. Burton, 46, of Russell, Ky., pleaded guilty to possession of drugs. He was placed on community control sanctions for four years and was ordered to get treatment at One Stop at St. Mary’s Medical Center.
• Mary J. Miller, 27, of Kentucky 3306, Argillite, Ky., pleaded guilty to possession of heroin. She was placed on community control sanctions for four years.
• Kenneth V. Winters Jr., 59, of the 1600 block of South 4th Street, Ironton, pleaded guilty to possession of drugs (meth). He was placed on treatment in lieu of conviction. He was ordered to do 200 hours of community service and ordered to get drug treatment.
• John E. Collins, 28, of New Lebanon, Ohio, pleaded innocent to aggravated trafficking in drugs, three counts of possession of drugs and one count of improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle Bond was set at $25,000.
• Michael D. Maze, 30, of County Road 123, Chesapeake, pleaded innocent to two counts of assault on a peace officer.
• Seth N. Thompson, 27, of Dixon Street, Ashland, pleaded innocent to aggravated possession of drugs (meth). Bond was set at $5,000.
• Joseph D. Hicks, 38, of Louisville, Kentucky, pleaded innocent to possession of heroin, possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond was set at $5,000.
• Damion Fox, of Township Road 1021, South Point, pleaded innocent to theft. Bond was set at $5,000.
• Lisa Hammonds, 32, of Township Road 89, Proctorville, pleaded innocent to trafficking in drugs. A $25,000 recognizance bond was set along with an ankle monitor and weekly drug testing.
• Nicholas Barton, 20, of County Road 12, Proctorville, pleaded innocent to possession of drugs (meth). A $15,000 recognizance bond was set.