Wolfram Research Releases Version 12 of the Wolfram Language and Mathematica for Advanced Data Science and Computational Discovery
CHAMPAIGN, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 16, 2019--After three decades of continuous R&D and the introduction of Mathematica Version 1.0, Wolfram Research has released its most powerful software offering with Version 12 of the Wolfram Language, the symbolic backbone of Mathematica. The latest version includes over a thousand new functions and features for multiparadigm data science, automated machine learning and blockchain manipulation for modern software development and technical computing. As Stephen Wolfram, founder and CEO of Wolfram Research notes, “Even the basic summary of the changes in the documentation center is 19 pages long.”
These thousands of new features and functions point to Wolfram Research’s continued quest for intellectual achievement in defining the future of what’s possible through computation.
· Simulated environments for machine learning —combining the power of system modeling with the symbolic manipulation capabilities of the Wolfram Language for reinforcement learning applications
· Blockchain and computational contracts —read, write and analyze blockchain transactions; generate and execute smart contracts with computational intelligence
· Expanded image processing and AI —enhanced object identification, analysis of facial features and entity recognition
· Connectivity with external languages, programs and environments —call one of the thousands of functions built into the Wolfram Language from Python, connect to relational and graph databases with automatic entity recognition, link to the Unity game engine
· Audio processing with neural networks —expanded computation with audio for speech recognition, speech-to-text and speech synthesis
· Expanded machine learning superfunctions —enhanced anomaly detection, analysis of probabilistic distributions with any kind of data, not just numerical
· Compilation of the Wolfram Language to machine code —supporting complex functional constructs and elaborate control flows
· Nonlinear finite element analysis —expanded support for numerical differential equations with high-level approximation and computation
· Computational chemistry —manipulate molecular structures for a variety of applications, including pharmaceutical drug discovery
· Euclidean geometry made computable —perform operations on geometric scenes and identify conjectures
For additional information and examples of high-level use cases of features in Version 12 of the Wolfram Language, you can read Stephen Wolfram’s highly-detailed blog, which outlines the development process.
Stephen Wolfram also invites press and users alike to join him for a livestreamed test drive of Version 12, including Q&A, on Tuesday, April 16 at 8:00 pm EDT on Twitch (simulcast on Facebook and YouTube ).
About Wolfram Research
Wolfram has been defining the computational future for over three decades. As the creators of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha, and the Wolfram Language, Wolfram is the leader in developing technology and tools that inject sophisticated computational intelligence into everything. Learn more at wolfram.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190416005186/en/
CONTACT: Swede White
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA ILLINOIS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT INTERNET SOFTWARE AUDIO/VIDEO OTHER TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH OTHER SCIENCE SCIENCE
SOURCE: Wolfram Research
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/16/2019 11:00 AM/DISC: 04/16/2019 11:00 AM