Related topics

14 dogs perish in blaze near South Carolina coast

December 3, 2018

WALTERBORO, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say more than a dozen dogs were killed in a fire apparently caused by a heat lamp that was being used to keep the dogs warm.

WCSC-TV reports that 14 dogs were killed in the Sunday blaze in Colleton County near the South Carolina coast.

Firefighters found 7 dead puppies and 7 dead adult dogs.

Fire Chief Barry McCoy says the blaze appears to have been caused by the heat lamp on the front porch.

The building sustained substantial damage. The residents of the home were not injured.


Information from: WCSC-TV, http://www.wcsc.com

Update hourly