Police: Officer sickened by carbon monoxide in cruiser
FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts police are investigating after an officer was exposed to carbon monoxide in a cruiser.
WJAR-TV reports a Fall River officer was hospitalized last week when he fell ill. Investigators say a carbon monoxide detector in the officer’s 2015 Ford Explorer didn’t go off. Police are also trying to determine if repair work required was performed on the cruiser.
Police departments across the county have taken action over concerns that fumes from Ford Explorer patrol vehicles are seeping inside the SUVs.
Ford Motor Co. has suggested police departments may have created the problem when they added equipment after delivery. The company has promised to repair the vehicles.
Ford says it will contact Fall River police to investigate the incident.