Westmoreland happenings: Oct. 31 and beyond
• The Mt. Pleasant Public Library collaborates on history talk, business workshop with Norvelt’s history and its connection to First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt from the authors of “Hope in Hard Times: Norvelt and the Struggle for Community During the Great Depression,” 6 p.m. Thursday, at the Norvelt Union Church, 2339 Mt. Pleasant Road. Refreshments will be served. Register at 724-547-3850.
• Adams Memorial Library, 1112 Ligonier St., Latrobe will host these events:
-- 6 p.m. Wednesday , classic movie screening of “Frankenstein.”
-- 1-3:30 p.m. Thursday , afternoon craft for adults, Thanksgiving canvas with a painted wreath. Cost: $10.
• Greensburg Hempfield Area Library, 237 S. Pennsylvania Ave.:
-- 10-10:30 a.m., Thursdays beginning Nov. 1, baby lapsit for ages 6 months to 2 years.
-- 10 a.m., Saturday, chess club for ages 8 through adult; or 1 p.m. “Ravens, Clocks and Poe...Oh My!” for ages 7-10.
-- 6 p.m. Nov. 5, “Stop It, Clap It! Sweep It! Bang It!” for ages 6-10.
-- 10-11:15 a.m. Tuesdays beginning Nov. 6, story hour for ages 3-5.
-- 6 p.m. Nov. 6 “Fairytale Forest: Little Red Riding Hood” for ages 3-5.
• Cash Flow Management and 2018 Tax Law Changes for Small Businesses seminar is planned 9:30 a.m.-noon Saturday in Mt.Pleasant Public Library, 120 S. Church St. Details: 724-547-3850 or westmoreland.score.org.
• Story time for children ages 3-5, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays in November in Youngwood Area Public Library, 17 S. Sixth St. Register at 724-925-9350.
• Chicken and biscuit dinner is planned 4:30-6:30 p.m. Friday in Latrobe Center for Active Adults, 15 Ave. Cost: $6. Details: 724-539-0237.
• A turkey bingo is planned noon-4 p.m. Saturday in Herminie Senior Center, 101 Sewickley Ave. Cost: $15, includes refreshments and lunch. Details: 724-446-3282, 724-527-3200 or 724-837-8832.
• West Newton Center for Active Adults, 103 E. Main St., West Newton is hosting the Belairs of Pittsburgh at 1 p.m. Monday. Cost: $5. Lunch will also be available at noon for an additional cost. Details: 724-872-4976.
• Dance with Pittsburgh Celebrities events is planned 7-11 p.m. Nov. 9 in Antonelli Event Center, 100 Colony Drive, Irwin. Cost: $85 and includes entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, desserts, cash bar, 50/50 and auction. Benefits Open Your Heart to a Senior. Tickets: 724-392-4161 or unitedway4u.org.
• Raffle tickets on sale to win dinner for 8 from 6-8 p.m. Dec. 4. in Hanna’s Tavern, 809 Forbes Trail Road, Hempfield. Cost of ticket: $10. Number will be taken from the 7 p.m. daily lottery on Nov. 17. Proceeds will benefit the Westmoreland County Historical Society’s educational programs at Historic Hanna’s Town. For tickets call 724-532-1935 or visit westmorelandhistory.org.
• Turkey raffle, 7-9:30 p.m. Saturday in Cook Township Community Center, Route 711, Stahlstown. Light meal served, door prizes and tickets for turkeys, hams and bacon. Details: 724-238-2630.
• A complimentary spaghetti dinner is planned for veterans at 5 p.m. Nov. 8 in Norwin Elks 2313, 150 Elk Lane, Manor. Details: 724-863-3000.
• A trunk or treat event is planned 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday at Pennsville Baptist Church, Route 119 between Mt. Pleasant and Connellsville. Hot cocoa, coffee, fruit punch and cookies will be provided. Details: 724-887-5200.
• All-you-can-eat salad bar featuring homemade foods, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday, Christ’s Church, 145 N. Main St., Greensburg. Cost: $8
• Bingo, early bird at 7 p.m. Friday in St. Bartholomew Church Marian Hall, Route 119, Crabtree. Cost: $35. Details: 724-834-0709 or 724-837-0197.
• Craft and vendor show is planned by the New Hope Church mission project 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday in Circleville Volunteer Fire Department, Robbins Station Road, North Huntingdon. Baked goods and lunch will be available.
• Celebrate the season annual craft sale is planned 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday in Laird Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 3202 N. Hills Road, Murrysville. Details: 724-327-3270 or 724-327-0728.
• Soup sale is planned 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday in Trinity United Methodist Church, 210 W. Fourth St., Greensburg. Cost: $5.50 quart for chicken noodle, beef vegetable and stuffed pepper; $6 for broccoli cheese. Order by Tuesday at 412-601-0471. Kitchen will be open.
• Derry First United Methodist Church, 311 N. Ligonier St. will host these events on Saturday :
-- Vendor and craft show, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., baked goods will be available.
-- Swiss steak dinner, 4-7 p.m., cost: $12.
• Turkey bingo is planned 1-4 p.m. Nov. 4 in St. Stephen Byzantine Catholic Church, 90 Bethel Road, North Huntingdon. Cost: $15. Food, a raffle and Chinese auction baskets will be offered.
• The Heritage Gospel Chorale of Pittsburgh will offer a fall concert “O Sing Unto the Lord A New Song.” 4 p.m. Nov. 4 in Harrold Zion Lutheran Church, 671 Baltzer Meyer Pike, Hempfield. Details: 724-837-7327 or 724-610-1441.
Submissions from nonprofit or not-for-profit organizations for Briefly Speaking and Club News can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 724-838-5171 or mailed to 622 Cabin Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601-1657. Submissions are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Each announcement is printed once; there is no fee. Information: 724-836-4970.