AP NEWS
Related topics

Official says elderly man cooking dies in kitchen fire

March 8, 2018

GORHAM, Maine (AP) — Officials say an 82-year-old Maine resident has died in a kitchen fire.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland says it appears Gary D. Marshall was cooking when the stove in his Gorham mobile home caught fire and spread. The home was destroyed.

McCausland says firefighters found him in the bathroom but were unable to revive him.

The fire was reported early Wednesday.

AP RADIO
Update hourly