Mother and 3 Children Found Dead
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) _ A woman and her three young children found dead in their home’s garage by the mother’s fiance were victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, a medical examiner said Wednesday.
``There was a car sitting in the garage with the motor running″ and the bodies were found on the floor of the garage, said Charles Garrett, regional pathologist for southeastern North Carolina.
Garrett said there was no evidence of any other injuries to Robin Parker, 33, and the three children, who were clad in sleepwear.
The children included two girls _ Cartara Quantae Williams, 10, and Shonteona Marie Williams, who would have turned 3 on Wednesday _ and an 11-month-old boy, QuaSean DeVon Williams. Parker’s fiance, Steven Williams, was the father of the two youngest children.
Authorities have not yet determined whether the deaths were accidental or the result of a murder-suicide.
Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said he couldn’t rule out that the deaths might have been inspired by a Houston case in which a woman is accused of drowning her five children.
Williams, said he last saw Parker and the children Tuesday when they dropped him off at work. Parker never returned to take him home, he said.
Thomas E. Parker, Robin Parker’s brother, described his sister and her fiance as a very happy couple.
``My sister is a happy, very happy person,″ Thomas Parker said. ``She is a loving person. She always did and always made sure her family was well taken care of. Made sure her kids (were) happy. And she did all she could at all times for her kids.″