AP NEWS

Heater being used to thaw pipes blamed for structure fire

March 6, 2019

A heater being used to thaw frozen pipes is likely to blame for a structure fire in Evergreen on Tuesday afternoon.

According to Evergreen Fire Chief Craig Williams, firefighters were able to confine the blaze to one bedroom, but because of heavy smoke damage, the home was a total loss. He said the incident is still under investigation, but a heater placed beneath the trailer home to thaw frozen pipes probably sparked the fire.

No one was injured in the incident. Red Cross is assisting the family that was living in the home on Twin Pines Drive.

Williams reminds residents to be mindful when thawing frozen pipes and to never leave a heater or open flame unattended.

Evergreen Fire was assisted by crews from Kalispell Fire Department, Flathead County Sheriff’s Office and Flathead Electric.