Five things you need to know today, Jan. 7
Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Monday, Jan. 7. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Consulting firm Kimley-Horn is deep into the data-gathering and analyzing phase of their contracted 15-month transportation study looking at city roadways, and is planning to roll out some of their results in the next few months.
2. With one of the focuses of the upcoming legislative session on school finance reform, the idea of property tax caps may come up again. Rep. Brooks Landgraf, R-Odessa, and Sen. Kel Seliger, R-Amarillo, are both against the idea.
3. The $20-million Odessa Christian Faith Center expansion that was almost five years in the making has been completed.
4. The Odessa City Council will consider approving appointments to 12 different boards and committees during their regularly scheduled meeting Tuesday.
5. IN SPORTS: Helping make the SandHills Stock Show and Rodeo a success is stock contractor Beutler and Son Rodeo Co., a family-owned company out of Elk City, Okla., that has been involved in rodeo for 90 years.