Related topics

Owners of burned wedding venue vow to rebuild

April 8, 2014

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — The century-old wedding venue in Foxborough destroyed in a fire last weekend moments after a couple said their vows will be better than ever when rebuilt, the owners said.

The 108-year-old Lakeview Pavilion was torn down following a three-alarm fire Saturday that investigators think was started by a cigarette butt tossed into the mulch outside. No one was injured.

“We are absolutely committed to quickly rebuilding an even better Lakeview Pavilion,” owners Natalia Kapourelakos and Anastasia Tsoumbanos told The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro (http://bit.ly/R0iK2B ).

About 200 events, including weddings and proms, had been booked at the landmark through the fall of 2015, and the owners said their first priority is helping customers find new venues. The facility will return all wedding deposits, some of up to $12,000.

“We are dedicated to making sure that they still have the wedding or event of their dreams,” they said. “We are in contact with venues in the area and will be assisting all of you as you transition to a new location.”

Other venues have already come forward to offer their help.

Sean Cooper and his wife, Kristin, of Somerset, were attending the Saturday wedding of Brandise Levesque and Keith Luciano when they smelled smoke at the end of the service. Sean Cooper at first thought it was a candle or incense, but then the fire alarm went off and he noticed hazy smoke filling the room. He said there was no panic, people left the hall in a calm and orderly fashion.


Information from: The (Attleboro, Mass.) Sun Chronicle, http://www.thesunchronicle.com

Update hourly