Related topics

Fire at senior housing complex evacuates dozens

February 18, 2019

WILLISTON, Vt. (AP) — Firefighters say an electrical fire at a senior housing complex has forced dozens of residents to evacuate, and one person suffered injuries and was taken to a hospital.

The building alarm went off at about 6:30 a.m. Monday. The fire was on the third floor of the Eagle Crest Senior Apartments in Williston. Firefighters believe it stemmed from a malfunctioning ceiling light.

Authorities said the person taken to the hospital suffered non-life-threatening injuries.