Pennsylvania Forage Conference Feb. 21
The 2019 Pennsylvania Forage Conference will be held on Feb. 21, at the Grantville Holiday Inn. Registration will begin at 8:15 a.m. with the program beginning at 9 a.m. Participants will visit with industry professionals and farmers and enjoy the day listening and learning about educational topics pertaining to forage production from industry leaders.
This conference includes farmer speakers who have years of experience of making dry hay, haylage and grazing. Enjoy the opportunity to network with producers and interact with exhibitors from both industry and government alike. Participate in sessions geared to provide practical, useable information that can be taken home and put-to-use.
This year PFGC will have satellite locations for attendees and vendors. The conference will be broadcasted from the main event held in Grantville, in real-time to satellite locations. At these locations, attendees will have the opportunity to visit with local exhibitors during breaks and lunch.
Satellite conference locations will be held at:
· Union County Extension Office, 343 Chestnut St. Ste 3 Mifflinburg
· Westmoreland County, 214 Greensburg Donohoe Station Road #E, Greensburg
· Bradford PSCE Office, 200 Main Street, Ste 3 Towanda
· Mercer PSCE Office, 463 North Perry Hwy, Mercer
Topics on the program for the 2019 Conference include:
· Weather Update — 2019 Growing Season Projection — Kyle Imhoff
· Forage Diseases — Alyssa Collins, PhD, Penn State Extension
· Forage from PA to CA: Many Systems, Common Goals — Charlie Brummer, PhD
· Operation Overview — George Lake, Thistle Creek Farms, Tyrone
· Ecotypes and Endophytes: What’s New in Tall Fescue Varieties? — Charlie Brummer, PhD
Attendees will have the opportunity to visit with industry representatives and commercial exhibits, enjoy good food and fellowship.
Pre-registration for the main location will be charged and registration at the door of the main location in Grantville will be charged. Satellite locations will have an early bird fee and a charge at the door. Conference and registration information can be found at: https://www.afgc.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageID=3279&activateFull=true
For those who have questions regarding registration, commercial sponsorship, or exhibit space, contact Terri Breon at: 814-355-2452 or email@example.com. For additional information regarding the content of the program, contact Jessica Williamson at: 814-865-9552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference is sponsored by the Pennsylvania Forage and Grassland Council in cooperation with Penn State Extension.