GCC Fruits & Vegetables Market: Production, Trade, Consumption, Market Size, Growth, Competition and Forecast (2019-2024) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 2, 2019--The “GCC Fruits and Vegetables Market - Production, Trade, Consumption, Market Size, Growth, Competition and Forecast (2019 - 2024)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The total food consumption in GCC is expected to reach 52.3 million metric ton by 2021. The fruit market in the region reached 20,051 metric ton in 2016, is expected to grow at 5.6% YoY, till 2024. Vegetable market in GCC reached 1,495,882 metric ton in 2016, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% till 2024.
The increase in consumption of fruits and vegetables is attributed to the growing expatriate population and the economic prosperity of the region. Among the GCC countries, UAE has the highest expatriate population; about 85.5% are non-nationals of UAE. The same phenomenon is seen in all the GCC countries.
- The Federation of UAE Chamber of Commerce and Industry announced its plans to increase the agricultural investments overseas.
- To improve food security in UAE, the Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development invested USD 35.4 million for developing 130 farms.
- In a goal to achieve food security in Bahrain, the Government of Agriculture and Marine Resources in Bahrain agreed to sign a MoU with a Malaysian company, for knowledge sharing.
Conditions in the GCC countries are unfavorable for the cultivation of most fruits and vegetables. Out of the total area available, only about 1.7% is arable. Due to this, the domestic production levels are low, and most of the consumption is met by imports from various countries. Due to the growing consumption of fruits and vegetables, the GCC countries tried to boost the agricultural output by increasing productivity so that they could be self-sufficient. The GCC countries could not continue with this level of production due to the scarcity of water resources, which in-turn increased these countries’ reliance on the import of fruits and vegetables. Due to the water issue, the GCC countries’ domestic production will never be able to satisfy its domestic consumption.
The signing of the GAFTA and other free trade agreements will open up different avenues of trade and procurement. GAFTA is expected to boost, both intra GCC, as well as intra MENA trade. The governments of the GCC countries have undertaken several food security initiatives in the form of farming policies that encourage private investments in the agricultural sector. The governments started implementation of policies, which phase out domestic production of plants that need high amounts of water. This makes GCC the perfect market for exporters of fruits and vegetables. After recent land privatization law, passed by the African government, most of the governments of the GCC countries have invested in obtaining land in Africa and producing fruits and vegetables for the country. Many private organizations are trying to follow the same model, as the demand for fruits and vegetables is high in the GCC countries.
The agricultural market in Iran is segmented by type of products into fruits and vegetables. These are sub-segmented into onions, potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, cauliflower, cucumber, cabbage, beans, eggplant, lemons, apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, strawberry, watermelon, grapefruit, dates, and olives.
About the Market
- PESTLE Analysis (Overview): Macro market factors pertinent to the region.
- Market Definition: Main, as well as associated/ancillary components constituting the market.
- Key Findings of the Study: Top headlines about market trends & numbers.
- Drivers: What are the key factors driving growth in the market?
- Restraints: Most relevant threats and restraints which hinder the growth of the market?
- Opportunities: Sectors of high return or quick turn around on investment?
- Market Concentration: Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis quantified by a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Market Share Analysis: Top players in the market (by value and volume).
- Company Profiles: Pertinent details about leading, high growth, and innovation-motivated stakeholders with contact, operations, product/service offerings, financials and strategies & insights.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope and Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rising Mutual Exports of Fruits and Vegetables in the Region, especially in form of Re-Exports
3.1.2 Higher Consumption Demand from Increasing Health Conscious Population
3.1.3 Growing Investments in the Horticulture Sector
3.1.4 Growing Number of Retail Chains, Providing Increasing Accessibility to Consumers
3.2.1 Adoption of Higher Quality Standards for Traded Fruits and Vegetables and Resulting Control on Imports
3.2.2 Rising Concerns on Over-dependence on Imports
3.2.3 Shifting Consumption Patterns toward Meat and Dairy Products
4. Industry Analysis
4.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5. Market Segmentation
5.6 Saudi Arabia
6. International Trade & Price Scenarios
7. Regional Analysis
7.1 PESTLE Analysis
7.2 Analysis of Ease of Doing Business
8. Competitive Analysis
8.1 Local Supply Ecosystem
8.2 List/Profile of Major Retailers
8.3 Strategies Adopted and Recent Events
9. Pricing Strategy
10. Supply Chain Analysis
10.1 Distribution Network & Retail Analysis
11. Government Policies
11.1 Criteria & Conditions
11.1.1 Sanitary & Phytosanitary Conditions
11.1.2 Packaging Requirements
11.1.3 Labelling Requirements
11.1.4 Import Regulations
11.2 Ministries Involved
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pp0s8s
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190502005510/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Fruit and Vegetables
KEYWORD: MIDDLE EAST
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: NATURAL RESOURCES AGRICULTURE RETAIL FOOD/BEVERAGE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/02/2019 09:56 AM/DISC: 05/02/2019 09:56 AM