2018 European Solar Power Market Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 23.3% Over the Previous Year - Driven by Declining Prices, Ambitious Targets and Strong Growth in Utility-scale Projects - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 12, 2018--The “European Solar Power Market, Forecast to 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Following a significant drop in capacity addition in 2016, the European solar PV industry staged a recovery in 2017 by adding 8.6 GW solar capacity. The region is expected to add 16.5 GW by 2025 and grow at a CAGR of 8.4%.
The European solar market generated 9.64 billion in 2017. It is expected to perform well in 2018 and generate revenue of 11.7 billion, increasing by 23.3% over the previous year.
Continuing declines in solar PV costs, re-modelled support schemes and regulations, and energy storage alternatives are the key drivers for the market. Self-funding, power purchase agreements (PPAs) and leasing will remain the main financing models in EU countries. New business models such as on-site direct wire mini PPAs will be used to overcome regulatory barriers.
The research methodology adopted is a combination of primary and secondary research. Secondary research involves desk-based research. Primary research involves interaction with market participants and getting their perspective and feedback on our analysis.
Key Issues AddressedIs the European solar power market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate? Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs? Will these companies, products and applications continue to exist? What are the key drivers and restraints affecting the solar power market? Are the technologies offered today meeting customer needs or are additional development needed? How are the growth trends for solar power different in developed and developing markets?
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive SummaryKey Findings CEO’s Perspective Associated Multimedia and Related Research
2. Market OverviewMarket Scope Key Questions This Study Will Answer Distribution Channels
3. Drivers and Restraints - Solar Power MarketMarket Drivers Drivers Explained Market Restraints Restraints Explained
4. Forecasts and Trends - Solar Power MarketForecast Assumptions Pricing Analysis Business and Financial Models Europe Annual Installed Capacity Forecast by Project Type Percent Annual Installed Capacity Forecast by Region Percent Revenue Forecast by Region Key Solar Power Market Participants
5. Country ProfilesCountry Profile - Austria Annual Installed Capacity Forecast by Project Type Country Profile - Switzerland Country Profile - Belgium Country Profile - Germany Country Profile - Italy Country Profile - The United Kingdom Country Profile - France Country Profile - Spain Country Profile - Turkey Country Profile - The Netherlands Country Profile - Nordic Countries Country Profile - Rest of Europe
6. Growth Opportunities and Companies to ActionGrowth Opportunity 1 - Mergers and Acquisitions Growth Opportunity 2 - Expand Offerings to Include Residential and C&I Storage Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
7. The Last WordThe Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dsm87q/2018_european?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181112005468/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Solar Power
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 11/12/2018 09:48 AM/DISC: 11/12/2018 09:48 AM