People’s donates $25,000 to local groups
ORONOCO — People’s Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Trust Board provided $25,373 in grants this quarter to the following area organizations:
• $500 — Center 4 Active Adults in Stewartville to assist in funding chair yoga and a new industrial coffee maker.
• $3,500 — Chatfield Ambulance to assist in purchasing new pagers.
• $1,350 — Family Promise Rochester to assist in the purchase of new cots.
• $6,144 — Grand Meadow Fire Department to assist in the purchase of new skid units.
• $1,700 — Great River Homes, Inc. in Wabasha to assist in the purchase of a television, HDMI cable, and sound bar.
• $600 — Homeless Community Network in Rochester to assist in the purchase of shoes to use at Project Community Connect.
• $700 — Kasson-Mantorville Community Education for the showing of “Screenagers.”
• $1,000 — Kindred Family Focus in Rochester to support Kindred CARES for Foster Families.
• $500 — Mount Hope Cemetery in Kalmar to support cemetery restoration.
• $700 — Oronoco Fire Department to assist in the purchase of lightweight masks.
• $1,500 — Oxbow Park and Zollman Zoo in Byron to assist in the purchase of a new storage freezer and refrigerator.
• $1,500 — Plainview Community Theater to assist in the purchase of new stage lighting purchases.
• $1,900 — Schaeffer Academy — Lion’s Roar Booster Club of Rochester to assist in the purchase of soccer goals.
• $750 — Share Christmas Inc. of Hayfield to assist in the purchase of Christmas gifts for families in need.
• $1,200 — St. Felix Catholic School in Wabasha to assist in a faucet upgrade project.
• $829 — Wee Care Learning Center in Plainview to assist in the purchase of new playground equipment.
• $1,000 — Wells Peterson Post No. 0384 in Dodge Center to assist in new parking lot pavement.
The People’s Energy Cooperative Trust — Operation Round Up fund started in 2002 and grants funds to a variety of charitable, educational, community and youth-related programs and events.
The program is funded by donations made by members of People’s Energy Cooperative who voluntarily have their monthly electric bill rounded up to the nearest dollar. Approximately 17,000 members currently participate with the average donation of $6 per year per member.
Applications for funding are considered on a quarterly basis. To be considered for first quarter grants in 2019, applications must be submitted no later than Dec. 20. Program guidelines and applications are available at www.peoplesenergy.coop or by calling the Cooperative at 507-367-7015 or 800-214-2694.