MEDITECH Expanse Unveils Labor and Delivery Solution to Nurses
WESTWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 16, 2019--One of life’s most important and rewarding events occurs the moment a baby enters the world. Expanse Labor and Delivery, fully integrated within the MEDITECH Expanse Enterprise Health Record (EHR), helps ensure that the transition is safe and seamless from labor through postpartum care.
Developed to bridge any gaps between prenatal care, delivery, and postnatal care, the Expanse Labor and Delivery solution allows clinicians to review the complete patient story across the care continuum, while improving patient handoffs, mitigating patient risks, streamlining workflows tailor-made for nurses caring for maternity patients, and empowering nurses to deliver high-quality patient care. Some of the key benefits of the solution include:
- Labor and Delivery Status Boards where nurses can view relevant mother and baby information and receive real-time notifications of abnormal and critical values, enhancing patient safety.
- Mother Baby Recall allows nurses to pull information from the mother’s chart onto the baby’s chart for flexible, accurate data capture while documenting.
- Labor and Delivery Flowsheets help nurses monitor trends throughout the progression of labor, facilitate quick access to Expanse Surgical Services to conveniently document C-section delivery, and view all care documentation from prenatal care through active labor and postpartum.
- Fetal Monitoring Integration enables care providers to enjoy easy access to important clinical data from both MEDITECH and other vendor fetal monitor systems. MEDITECH bi-directionally shares discrete clinical data — such as vital signs and medications — with the fetal monitor system, which subsequently shares information back to MEDITECH.
- Flexible widgets, including the OB Prenatal Widget (content available through Expanse Ambulatory integration), minimize time-consuming clicks and extra navigation by linking to data, such as a longitudinal view of prenatal visits.
“Labor and delivery can be unpredictable, so it’s important to have a complete view of the patient and their progression of labor integrated all in one place within the EHR,” stated Cathy Turner, BSN, MBA, RN-BC, associate vice president, MEDITECH. “Expanse Labor and Delivery improves the continuity of care by streamlining workflow — giving valuable time back to nurses to better monitor and safely manage their patients.”
Five decades. One EHR. No limits. More than ever, MEDITECH’s reputation for excellence resounds across every care setting. As we celebrate 50 bold years of vision and innovation, we invite you to see healthcare through a whole new lens with Expanse, the premier EHR for the digital healthcare paradigm. Our cutting-edge solutions help organizations and providers all over the world to take on the challenges of healthcare’s ever-expanding landscape. Whether your destination is clinical efficiency, analytical prowess, a superior patient and consumer experience, or financial success, MEDITECH’s passion and expertise will get you where you want to go. Visit ehr.meditech.com, our Newsroom and Blog, and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to start your journey today.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190416005027/en/
CONTACT: Paul Berthiaume
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
Manager, Public Relations and Media Relations
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA MASSACHUSETTS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY OTHER TECHNOLOGY HEALTH HOSPITALS OTHER HEALTH GENERAL HEALTH
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/16/2019 08:22 AM/DISC: 04/16/2019 08:22 AM