Franke Park master plan posted
The Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department has released the final version of the Franke Park master plan for public view. It can be viewed at www.frankeparkplan.com or www.fortwayneparks.org.
In a news release, city officials said the plan provides a foundation for future improvements while also providing flexibility in the timing of its implementation.
Highlights of the plan include:
• The establishment of a vehicular circulation system
• Additional parking for Foellinger Theatre and the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
• The creation of over 5 miles of new pedestrian paths
• Additional cycling amenities like showers, shelters, improved wayfinding and bike maintenance facilities
• An emphasis on the landscape as an important part of the park experience
• New vehicular and pedestrian gateways into the park that improve access and circulation
• Two new playgrounds
• New shelters, a boat house, a Day Camp building and Community/Nature Center
• Ecological improvements to Shoaff Lake and Spy Run
Comments or questions can be directed to Alec Johnson, deputy director of park planning and development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.