Fitchburg Department of Public Works Weekly Alerts
FITCHBURG — The Department of Public Works advises residents that the following work that will be done - weather permitting - during the week of May 20.
• Please place sand for sweeper in windrows, not piles
• Spot sweeping in all wards
• Monday - Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.; Minor traffic impacts.
• Repair potholes throughout city - daily. Call 978-829-1900 to report a pothole
Catch Basin Cleaning
• Ward 3
• Pipe installation on Main Street and Wood Place
Summer Street Project
• John Fitch Highway to Lunenburg town line - Install sidewalks and curbs.
Upper Common Complete Streets Project
• Curbs and sidewalks - Main Street, both sides of Upper Common (substantially complete)
• Main Street paving by PJ Albert
Gas main replacements by Unitil
• Monday - Friday, 7 AM to 4 PM; Expect delays and detours
• South and Walnut street
Manhole cover repair
• Ashburnham Street; Wednesday
Water Distribution System Work
• Hydrant flushing- High System in southwest quadrant of Fitchburg. Updates posted on city Facebook page or call 978-346-9618
Oxford Street - installation of temporary water lines in preparation for replacement of water main