Vista Energy Honors National Energy Awareness Month, Offers Energy Saving Tips
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 3, 2018--October is National Energy Awareness Month and to honor it, Vista Energy, a national third-party provider of electricity and natural gas solutions, has developed some simple tips to help home and business owners conserve energy usage and lower bills.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181003005737/en/
7 Ways Vista Suggests to Conserve and Save During National Energy Awareness Month (Graphic: Business Wire)
The tips come at a time when energy bills are at an all-time high. Per recent research conducted by Vista Energy, the average home typically spends $1,900 a year just on energy bills. Home and business owners can celebrate National Energy Awareness Month with Vista Energy by heeding the following seven tips:
1. Turn down the thermostat. Lowering the thermostat by just five degrees can save up to 10% of a consumer’s energy bill. Or, by using a smart thermostat to control temperature via smartphone, consumers can save up to 20% on heating and cooling bills a year.
2. Use LED lights. Switch from normal bulbs to energy-efficient and low-wattage LED lights. LED lights work up to 20,000 to 50,000 hours and take up 50-80% less energy than incandescent bulbs. Though the initial cost of LEDs is higher, they ensure a reduction on energy bills with a lifespan that’s five times that of incandescent bulbs.
3. Seal leaks. The more leaks, the more cold air can rush into a home or business, which means an increase in thermostat temperature and a boost in bills. Check for cracks and crevices in unlikely places such as attics and basements. Use caulk and insulation pads to seal leaks around doors and windows.
4. Use fireplaces properly. Energy is wasted when a fireplace is not in proper use. Install a sealing damper at the top of a fireplace, which helps to keep conditioned air tucked inside a home. Or, try installing a fire back that is designed to absorb and keep heat in the rear of a fireplace.
5. Go green. From tiny light bulbs to big refrigerators, there are many eco-friendly products designed to cut energy consumption in half. For example, look for the Energy Star rating on appliances that signifies it is part of the EPA and U.S. Department of Energy’s program committed to superior energy efficiency.
6. Turn off the computer. Consumers waste a lot of energy leaving computers on when not in use. To save energy, turn computers off or put them to sleep. This can save $50-$100 a year.
7. Switch off sockets. Microwaves, toasters, blenders, chargers and other electric appliances connected to a single socket still siphon energy when not in use. Buy a multi-socket plug for these devices and when switching off the plug, all devices connected to it shut off accordingly.
For information about Vista Energy, visit www.vistaenergymarketing.com or call (888) 211-4093.
About Vista Energy
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Vista Energy combines affordable natural gas and electricity rates for homes and businesses with excellent service to create an outstanding customer experience. Founded in 2009, Vista Energy operates in nine states across America and services more than 200,000 residential and commercial electricity and natural gas customers. To learn more, visit Vista Energy online at www.vistaenergymarketing.com or on Facebook.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181003005737/en/
CONTACT: Integrate for Vista Energy
Margot Ledet, 504-201-2498
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA TEXAS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SENIORS WOMEN ENERGY OIL/GAS UTILITIES CONSUMER FAMILY MEN
SOURCE: Vista Energy
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 10/03/2018 01:01 PM/DISC: 10/03/2018 01:01 PM