Five things you need to know today, Sept. 25
Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, Sept. 25. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Odessa City Council gave their first approval of a tax levy and approved the Odessa Development Corporation’s budget for the next fiscal year during a special meeting Monday.
2. Improving education, property tax relief and safer highways were Rep. Brooks Landgraf’s main topics during a town hall meeting Monday at Kellus Turner Community Center.
3. Ector County Commissioners approved a proposal for Sciens Consulting to determine radio system assessment and selection Monday.
4. The Odessa Police Department is investigating a possible attempted abduction of a 10-year-old boy. The OPD is also investigating an attempted abduction of a 17-year-old girl in North Odessa.
5. A 37-year-old man reportedly shot a firearm in the general direction of his wife late Saturday night in Gardendale, an affidavit detailed.