Fireworks blamed for blaze that damaged roof of town hall
RANDOLPH, Mass. (AP) — Authorities are blaming misfired fireworks for starting a blaze that damaged the town hall in a Boston suburb.
Firefighters in Randolph say the small fire broke out around 10 p.m. Wednesday, shortly after the town completed its annual Independence Day fireworks display.
WBZ-TV reports that police noticed people setting off aerial fireworks near the building, and they think that’s what started the fire.
No injuries were reported and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze. It caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to the roof and a rooftop air conditioning unit.
Information from: WBZ-TV, http://cbsboston.com