AP NEWS

Hot stove blamed for C-Falls structure fire

November 9, 2018

A wood stove fire at a Columbia Falls residence Wednesday afternoon displaced one man from the home.

According to Columbia Falls Fire Chief Rick Hagen, the fire occurred on Eastwood Village Road when the heat from the stove flue became intense enough to ignite some dried-out wood sitting next to the stove.

“The wood was very dry and the heat from the pipe was hot enough to ignite it,” Hagen said.

No one was injured and the man who lived in the home was going to stay with friends until he could repair the hole in the roof.

Hagen said there was very minor smoke damage inside the home and a small amount of water damage.

Reporter Scott Shindledecker may be reached at 406-758-4441 or sshindledecker@dailyinterlake.com.

AP RADIO
Update hourly