AP NEWS

Man released from hospital after Okla. canal electrocution

October 13, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Arkansas man who was electrocuted last month after he jumped into a canal in Oklahoma City’s downtown entertainment district to try and save another individual who had fallen in has been released from a hospital.

Brandon Gann, of Fort Smith, Arkansas, had been at OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City since he was shocked Sept. 30 while trying to help Wesley Seeley.

Seeley, from Tuttle, died after he was electrocuted by wires from a broken lamppost.

Gann was released from the hospital Friday.

In a statement, Gann’s family says it wants to know what could have been done to prevent the accident.

Oklahoma City officials say an electrical inspection found the lamp post that electrocuted both men was grounded and correctly connected.

AP RADIO
Update hourly