Qorvo QPF4006 39GHz GaN MMIC Front End Module Complete Teardown Report, 2018 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 26, 2018--The “Qorvo QPF4006 39GHz GaN MMIC Front End Module Complete Teardown Report” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
In the last year, the increasing development of 5G has reshaped the Radio Frequency (RF) power industry landscape, driving the RF GaN market. Compared to existing silicon LDMOS and GaAs solutions, GaN devices are able to deliver the power/efficiency level required for next-generation high frequency telecom networks.
The Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) market is expected to deliver a 16% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) with the implementation of diversity modules, along with integration in Power Amplifier (PA) modules for handsets.
Qorvo was the first player to unveil a Front-End Module (FEM) for ultra-high band coverage based on GaN-on-SiC 0.15m technology.
The publisher unveils Qorvo’s design, presenting our reverse costing of the QPF4006 39GHz GaN Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) FEM. The device is targeted for 5G base stations and terminals and combines, on the same die, a high linearity LNA, a low insertion-loss Transmit Receive (TR) switch and a high gain PA.
The QPF4006 is assembled in an air-cavity laminate package with embedded copper heat slug which demonstrates Qorvo’s internal test and packaging capability.
The device is manufactured with 0.15m gate technology and AlGaN/GaN epitaxial structure deposited on a SiC substrate. Other than MMIC components it includes TaN resistors, SiN capacitors and three levels of metal interconnects including gold airbridges.
This report includes a detailed analysis of the packaging and the GaN on SiC transistor with optical and Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) pictures. Moreover it provides a cost analysis for the complete device.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview/IntroductionExecutive Summary Reverse Costing Methodology
2. Company ProfilesQorvo
3. Physical AnalysisSynthesis of the Physical Analysis Package Analysis Package openingFront-end module designPackage cross-section Die Die view and dimensionsDie processDie cross-sectionDie process characteristics
4. Manufacturing ProcessDie Front-End Process Die Fabrication Unit Final Test and Packaging Fabrication Unit
5. Cost AnalysisSummary of the Cost Analysis Yield Explanations and Hypotheses Gan on SiC die Front-end costDie probe test, thinning and dicingWafer costDie cost Complete Power Stage Packaging costFinal test costComponent cost
6. Price AnalysisEstimated Sales Price
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8h444w/qorvo_qpf4006?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181126005535/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY SEMICONDUCTOR
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 11/26/2018 11:00 AM/DISC: 11/26/2018 11:01 AM