Dozens evicted when South Carolina motel ordered closed
FLORENCE, S.C. (AP) — Dozens of people have been left looking for places to live after a South Carolina motel was shut down following an inspection.
WMBF-TV reports that the Florence Lodge was shut down on Thursday. Fire officials discovered a number of hazardous conditions potentially dangerous to occupants.
The city notified the owner and residents earlier this month that the building was unsafe. Some of the violations listed include electrical issues, a faulty fire alarm system and water leaking from ceilings.
More than 90 people had to be vacated.