Philippines Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2018/2019 - SM Prime, Robinsons Retail, Puregold Price Club, Philippine Seven, and SSI Group are Featured - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 19, 2018--The “Philippines Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2018/2019” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for the Philippines. The author presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
According to the Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA), total household expenditures have been growing at a CAGR of 8% from 2012 to 2016, as economic growth in the Philippines has expanded strongly in recent years, increasing the amount of disposable income available to consumers.
Nevertheless, large proportions of the Philippines population, especially those in the rural areas, still have low incomes and have thus not been reached by modern retailers.
In urban areas, the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry has been expanding which has increased the demand for more convenient retail formats such as convenience stores. Internet retail has not grown strongly in the Philippines compared with other ASEAN countries, but the government has been promoting a cashless society in the Philippines which may boost Internet retail in the future.
Companies FeaturedSM Prime Holdings Inc. Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. Puregold Price Club Inc. Philippine Seven Corporation Inc. SSI Group Inc.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive SummarySector in Numbers Sector Overview Sector Snapshot Sector Outlook Sub-sector Outlook Driving Forces Restraining Forces
2. Sector in FocusFocus Point Main Economic Indicators Main Sector Indicators Remittances Consumer Confidence Exchange Rates Inflation Consumer Credit Household Expenditure Global Positioning
3. Competitive LandscapeTimeline Philippines Consumer Goods & Retail Highlights Main Events Top Companies Top M&A Deals M&A Activity, 2016-Q1 2018
4. Companies in FocusSM Prime Holdings Inc. Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. Puregold Price Club Inc. Philippine Seven Corporation Inc. SSI Group Inc.
5. Regulatory EnvironmentGovernment Policy
6. Grocery RetailingHighlights Main Events Hypermarkets Supermarkets Convenience Stores Traditional Grocery Retailers
7. Non-Grocery RetailingHighlights Main Events Specialist Retailers Mixed Retailers
8. Retail ChannelsInternet Retail Direct Selling Home Shopping Vending
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v2lcsd/philippines?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180919005638/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC PHILIPPINES
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL OTHER RETAIL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 09/19/2018 12:45 PM/DISC: 09/19/2018 12:45 PM