AP NEWS
Click to copy
Click to copy

Iran disputes Donald Trump’s claim that a nuclear deal is possible

Dave Boyer The Washington TimesMay 28, 2019

Iran said Tuesday there are no prospects for talks with the U.S., responding to President Trump’s comments a day earlier that he believes a deal is possible with Tehran on its nuclear program.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi was quoted by the semi-official Fars news agency as saying, “We currently see no prospect of negotiations with America.”

“Iran pays no attention to words; what matters to us is a change of approach and behavior,” he said, according to Reuters.

Mr. Trump said Monday on a visit to Japan, “I really believe that Iran would like to make a deal, and I think that’s very smart of them, and I think that’s a possibility to happen.”

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.