Fire that killed twins in Kansas City was accidental
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Authorities say a fire that killed 1-year-old twins in a Kansas City home was accidental, although they weren’t able to pinpoint the exact cause.
The Kansas City Star reports that investigators were able to rule out an electrical malfunction. But Kansas City Deputy Fire Chief Jimmy Walker said Wednesday that a lot of physical evidence was wrecked by the Dec. 27 blaze.
When it started, six children were at the recently renovated home with a 23-year-old sister. She escaped with four of the children. Firefighters found the twins in the second-floor room where the fire started. They were identified as Memoree Bennett and Memphis Bennett.
Terry Glenn, the pastor at World Harvest Ministries, which owned the house, says the family is staying with neighbors and getting trauma counseling.
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com