Dendreon Extends Long-Time Presence in Southern California
SEAL BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 13, 2019--
Dendreon Pharmaceuticals, a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company and pioneer in the development of immunotherapy, signed a long-term lease agreement to maintain its corporate headquarters and immunotherapy manufacturing facility (IMF) in Seal Beach. The agreement extends Dendreon’s ten-year presence in the area through 2030.
“Securing our long-term presence in Seal Beach will provide us continued access to the unique pool of professional and technical talent that is integral to our business,” said Jim Caggiano, chief executive officer at Dendreon. “We built this facility with growth in mind and look forward to realizing the full potential of PROVENGE ® (sipuleucel-T), which has been proven to increase survival in certain men with advanced prostate cancer.”
After overcoming a number of obstacles in its early days, Dendreon has emerged as a rapidly-growing enterprise following a remarkable turnaround that began in 2015. In addition to Dendreon’s headquarters and IMF in Seal Beach, Dendreon has a second IMF in Union City, Ga., as well as operations and medical organizations in Seattle, Wash. Dendreon’s Seal Beach location has approximately 190 employees.
PROVENGE ® (sipuleucel-T) is a prescription medicine that is used to treat certain patients with advanced prostate cancer. PROVENGE is made from your own immune cells.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Before getting PROVENGE, tell your doctor about all your medical problems, including problems with your heart or lungs, or if you have had a stroke
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription drugs, vitamins, and dietary supplements
- PROVENGE is made from your own immune cells, collected approximately 3 days before each scheduled infusion of PROVENGE. The collection is called “leukapheresis” (pronounced loo-kuh-fuh-REE-sis). You will get PROVENGE in 3 intravenous infusions (put into your veins), about 2 weeks apart. Each infusion takes about 60 minutes. You will then be monitored for at least 30 minutes. Your doctor will give you a schedule for your cell collection and infusion appointments. It is very important that you arrive on time for your appointments
- The most common side effects of PROVENGE include chills, fatigue, fever, back pain, nausea, joint ache, and headache. These are not all the possible side effects of PROVENGE treatment
- PROVENGE infusion can cause serious reactions. Tell your doctor right away if you:
- Have breathing problems, chest pains, racing heart or irregular heartbeats, high or low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, nausea, or vomiting after getting PROVENGE. Any of these may be signs of heart or lung problems
- Develop numbness or weakness on one side of the body, decreased vision in one eye, or difficulty speaking. Any of these may be signs of a stroke
- Develop symptoms of thrombosis which may include: pain and/or swelling of an arm or leg with warmth over the affected area, discoloration of an arm or leg, unexplained shortness of breath, chest pain that worsens on deep breathing
- Get a fever over 100°F, or redness or pain at the infusion or collections sites. Any of these may be signs of infection
- Tell your doctor about any side effect that concerns you or does not go away. For more information, talk with your doctor
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Click here for full prescribing information.
Dendreon is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company and pioneer in the development of immunotherapy. Dendreon’s flagship product, PROVENGE (sipuleucel-T), was the first FDA-approved immunotherapy made from a patient’s own immune cells. More than 30,000 men with advanced prostate cancer have been prescribed PROVENGE in the U.S. since 2010. Dendreon also is evaluating the use of PROVENGE in early-stage prostate cancer, with the hope of curing more men of the disease. Dendreon is headquartered in Seal Beach, Calif. For more information, please visit www.dendreon.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190513005019/en/
CONTACT: Leslie Bryant
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH ONCOLOGY PHARMACEUTICAL FDA CONSUMER GENERAL HEALTH MEN
SOURCE: Dendreon Pharmaceuticals
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/13/2019 11:30 AM/DISC: 05/13/2019 11:30 AM