Missing Reno hiker found; says he was abducted, robbed
RENO, Nev. (AP) — A 67-year-old Reno hiker who had been the target of a missing person search has been found safe after he says he was the victim of a kidnapping.
Juan Nevarez’s family reported him missing at about 11:30 p.m. Monday in southwest Reno.
Washoe County sheriff’s deputies and a helicopter searched for Nevarez for about four hours Tuesday morning in the area of Horseman’s Park near Skyline Boulevard.
Reno police say emergency responders found him walking home. He told police two or more males abducted him and took his phone and other belongings after he had completed his hike at about 10 a.m. Monday.
Police say the abductors apparently let him go after hearing the RAVEN helicopter.
KOLO-TV reports his wrists are bruised and his family claims his face is as well.
Police say an investigation is continuing.
Information from: KOLO-TV, http://www.kolotv.com