The Dermatology Hall of Fame Announces 2019 Inaugural Class of Inductees
CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 5, 2019--The Dermatology Hall of Fame, hosted by Dermatology Times® and supported by Ortho Dermatologics, honored its inaugural class of inductees last week at the Long View Gallery in Washington, D.C., during the 2019 American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting.
“We are excited to honor these outstanding dermatology professionals for their extraordinary advancements in the field,” said Tom Ehardt, president of MultiMedia Healthcare LLC. “This inaugural class of inductees should serve as inspiration for others hoping to leave their mark on this important specialty.”
The 10 remarkable individuals inducted into the Dermatology Hall of Fame are as follows:
- Albert Bernard Ackerman, M.D., the author of “Histologic Diagnosis of Inflammatory Skin Diseases” and recipient of the American Academy of Dermatology’s Master Dermatologist Award in 2004
- Thomas B. Fitzpatrick, M.D., Ph.D., the youngest professor and chairman of dermatology at Harvard Medical School
- Naomi M. Kanof, M.D., a former chairwoman of dermatology at Children’s Hospital in Washington, D.C., and a recipient of the Dermatology Foundation’s award for Practitioner of the Year in 1983
- Stephen I. Katz, M.D., Ph.D., a former director of the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases and secretary-general of the 18th World Congress of Dermatology
- Albert M. Kligman, M.D., Ph.D., a former president of the Society of Investigative Dermatology and a Stephen Rothman Memorial Award winner
- Walter F. Lever, M.D., a former chair of dermatology at Tuft University School of Medicine and a founding member and a past president of the American Society of Dermatopathology
- Hermann Pinkus, M.D., a founding member and a president of the American Society of Dermatopathology and a former vice president of the American Dermatological Association
- Walter B. Shelley, M.D. Ph.D., co-author of the first major American dermatology textbook, “Dermatology,” and a recipient of the Gougerot Medal for excellence in medical writing
- Charles W. Stiefel, chairman and chief executive officer of Stiefel Laboratories and the American Academy of Dermatology Distinguished Service Award winner
- Marion B. Sulzberger, M.D., a founding member of the Society for Investigative Dermatology and Alfred Marchionini Gold Medal winner
The Dermatology Hall of Fame recognizes individuals who have refined the practice of dermatology. This prestigious nomination honors leaders who have distinguished themselves through their significant contributions. It highlights early achievements and successful innovators who have — and continue to — inspire, inform and improve treatment.
Each year, the Dermatology Hall of Fame Executive Board considers nominees — living or deceased — based on achievements or contributions to the field of dermatology. Nominees include those considered to have made remarkable advancements in the field of dermatology from significant corporate contributions to individual achievements, past or present. A selection committee decided on the nominees.
The Dermatology Hall of Fame is sponsored by Dermatology Times ® and Ortho Dermatologics.
For more information, click here.
About the Dermatology Hall of Fame
Established in 2018, the Dermatology Hall of Fame recognizes the individuals and revolutionary ideas that have refined the practice of dermatology. This prestigious nomination honors leaders who have distinguished themselves through their significant contributions, highlighting early achievements and successful innovators who have — and continue to — inspire, inform and improve treatment. Learn more at www.thedermatologyhalloffame.org.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190305005747/en/
CONTACT: Dermatology Times® Media
Theresa Burek, 609-250-4331
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA NEW JERSEY
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SENIORS SURGERY HEALTH INFECTIOUS DISEASES OTHER HEALTH OTHER SCIENCE CONSUMER SCIENCE GENERAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Dermatology Times
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/05/2019 11:37 AM/DISC: 03/05/2019 11:37 AM