Global $2.98 Billion Burn Care Market Outlook, 2025 with Johnson & Johnson, Smith & Nephew, Molnlycke Health Care, Acelity, and ConvaTec Dominating - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 6, 2019--The “Burn Care Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Depth of Burn (Partial, Full), By Cause (Thermal, Chemical), By End Use (Hospital, Home Healthcare), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global burn care market size is expected to reach USD 2.98 billion by 2025. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 6.8% over the forecast period.
Increasing incidence of burn injuries is anticipated to fuel demand for cost-effective treatment over the forecast period. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2017, 96% of fatal burns related to fire occurred in low- to middle-income countries.
It further stated that on an average, burns resulting from fires cause estimated 265,000 deaths every year. Majority of these deaths occur in low- to middle-income countries and approximately two-thirds occur in countries from Southeast Asia. This factor is projected to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
Introduction of advanced treatment options such as reconstructive surgery and skin graft or biomembrane are expected to upsurge the demand for these products over the forthcoming years. Favorable government initiatives, such as reimbursement policies by the U.S. government that cover almost 70% to 100% of treatment cost, is anticipated to upsurge the adoption of advanced wound care products during the forecast period.
In addition, government organizations including the WHO and nonprofit organizations like the American Burn Association (ABA) are contributing to raising awareness among consumers, which, in turn, is anticipated to propel the market. For instance, WHO’s collaborative agreement with the International Society for Burn Injuries for improving care and prevention of incidence at a global level.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Advanced dressing emerged dominant product segment in 2017 due to higher adoption. Biologics treatment, on the other hand, is expected to exhibit higher growth during the forecast period due to accelerated wound healing and other benefits
- Thermal burns held a major share of the burn care market in terms of causes in 2017 attributed to increasing incidence of burns due to fire and flames
- Partial-thickness segment is anticipated to showcase the highest growth in terms of depth of wound, owing to rising cases of burns causing more than 15% damage to the victim’s body
- Outpatient care unit segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR in near future as the minor and partial-thickness wounds do not require hospital admissions
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness fastest growth due to prevalence of burn cases coupled with awareness about available cure. A March 2017 WHO study estimates that average 173,000 children from Bangladesh suffer from moderate to severe burns every year
- Major market players are Johnson & Johnson; Smith & Nephew; Molnlycke Health Care AB; Acelity L.P. Inc.; and ConvaTec Inc. They focus on development of technologically efficient treatment options and other strategies such as enhancement of distribution channels and product portfolio expansion to gain advantage in this highly competitive market
Chapter 1 Research Methodology & Scope
1.1 Region Wise Market Calculation
1.2 Region based segment share calculation
1.3 List of Secondary Sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Burn Care Market Variables, Trends& Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.2 Market Driver Analysis
3.2.1 Rising incidences of burn
3.2.2 High demand of skin grafts
3.2.3 Increasing awareness regarding treatment options
3.3 Market Restraint Analysis
3.3.1 High cost of burn care treatment
3.4 Penetration & growth prospect mapping
3.5 Burn Care - SWOT Analysis, By Factor (political & legal, economic and technological)
3.6 Industry Analysis - Porter’s
Chapter 4 Burn Care Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Burn Care Market: Technology Movement Analysis
4.2 Advanced Dressings
4.4 Traditional Burn Care Products
4.5 Other Burn Care Products
Chapter 5 Burn Care Market: Depth of Burn Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Burn Care Market: Depth of Burn Movement Analysis
5.2 Minor Burns
5.3 Partial Thickness Burns
5.4 Full-Thickness Burns
Chapter 6 Burn Care Market: Cause Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Burn Care Market: Cause Movement Analysis
6.2 Thermal Burns
6.3 Electrical Burns
6.4 Radiation Burns
6.5 Chemical Burns
Chapter 7 Burn Care Market: End Use Estimates & Trend Analysis
7.1 Burn Care Market: End Use Movement Analysis
7.3 Physician Clinics
Chapter 8 Burn Care Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product, Depth of Burn, and End Use
8.1 Burn care market share by region, 2017 & 2025
8.2 North America
8.4 Asia Pacific
8.5 Latin America
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
9.1 Strategy framework
9.2 Market participation categorization
9.3 Company Profiles
9.3.1 3M Company
9.3.2 Hollister Incorporated
9.3.4 Derma Sciences Inc.
9.3.5 Acelity L.P. Inc.
9.3.6 Coloplast A/S
9.3.7 DeRoyal Industries Inc.
9.3.8 Smith & Nephew
9.3.9 CovaTec Healthcare B. S.A.R.L.
9.3.10 Molnlycke Health Care AB
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2qnsxg/global_2_98?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190306005476/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Wound Care
KEYWORD: EUROPE ASIA PACIFIC NORTH AMERICA SOUTH AMERICA CARIBBEAN AUSTRALIA/OCEANIA AFRICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH GENERAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/06/2019 09:45 AM/DISC: 03/06/2019 09:45 AM