Africa Power Transmission Market 2019 - Unearthing the Opportunity Potential into Sub-Saharan’s Electricity Transmission Sector till 2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 8, 2019--The “Power Transmission in Africa 2019 - Unearthing the Opportunity Potential into Sub-Saharan’s Electricity Transmission Sector till 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Fact pack on the current electricity transmission scenario in Africa and opportunity assessment till 2025
The inadequacy of Power Supply in Sub-Saharan Africa Makes it a Unique Market that Offers both Transformative Potential and Attractive Investment Opportunity
Sub-Saharan Africa, a region known for its significant wealth in natural resources, is amongst the fastest emerging markets in the world, but falls well short from other similar growing markets when it comes to economic prosperity. Electricity plays a very crucial role in economic growth.
In fact, there exists a direct correlation between economic growth and electricity supply and if Sub-Saharan African countries need to see faster economic growth, then they must focus on developing its power sector. There are three aspects of power sector supporting national development of any economy - availability, accessibility and affordability. In the case of Africa, accessibility is a major concern.
It is pertinent to note that only 35-40% of the total population in Africa has access to electricity. A primary cause for such poor quality of supply and low electrification rates lies with weak power networks. Addressing these challenges will require new approaches to development and funding into the power transmission sector of the country.
Since a large funding gap is already affecting Sub-Saharan Africa’s power sector, this development cannot be done by each country’s public sector alone and hence brings a great opportunity for scaling up private participation and investments from private channels.
Business Case for Power Transmission Sector in Africa
- Transmission network expansion to witness investments from private players to the tune of USD 3.2 Billion to USD 4.3 Billion annually between 2016-2040
- South Africa power utility Eskom has announced plans to add about 6 500 km of high-voltage transmission lines and 46000 MVA of transformer capacity by 2028
- Nigeria plans to add over 190 new projects to boost power transmission, generation and distribution
- Africa targets to provide electrical connections to about 60 million new households by 2030
- About 5000 ckt. Kms of transmission line network targeted to be installed by 2030
- Africa targets to increase electricity generation capacity by 30,000 MW
- East African countries projects to witness peak demand/supply surplus of 3430 MW by 2025
- Kenya Power & Lighting Company plans to invest USD 15 Million on projects to improve electricity supply in the country by 2019
- South Africa’s power utility Eskom is set to expand its transmission network after ADB approved financial assistance of USD 218 Million
- Immediate opportunity wise categorization of electricity demand centres in African region till 2025
- Overview of current power transmission situation in Africa
- Identifying major capacity addition pockets for renewable energy in Africa to 2025
- Power demand-supply situation in Africa
- Power generation trends in Africa - Overview on capacity addition from conventional and renewable energy sources
- Transmission network expansion and track of key transmission projects in Africa
- Power demand estimates for key countries in Africa till 2025
Key Topics Covered:
- An overview of power sector in Africa
- A track on the current electricity electrification scenario in Africa
- Current Regulatory & Policy Scenario for Electricity Generation in Africa & the Roadmap for Future Targets
- Track on the Contribution of Development Partners in Power Transmission Works in Africa
- Power Demand Estimations till 2025 for African Countries
- Power Demand - Supply Situation in Africa - Examining the Gaps and Demand Estimations to 2025
- Anticipated Capacity Addition in the Power Transmission Network of African Countries to 2025 - Studying Key Countries
- Estimating the Business Opportunities for Transmission & Distribution for Encouraging Electricity Trade in - North African Region, East African Region, West African Region & South African Region
- Capacity Addition Targets for Renewable Energy in Africa - Estimating Likely Additions to 2025
- Opportunity Assessment for Power Transmission Equipment OEM’s / Suppliers in Africa to 2025
- Track of upcoming power transmission projects in Africa
- Identifying Major Challenges Unlocking Regional Electricity Trade in Africa
- Tracking investment opportunity in Power Transmission Sector in Africa - Capturing PPP opportunity trends
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vl0dn3
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190408005591/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY UTILITIES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/08/2019 11:24 AM/DISC: 04/08/2019 11:24 AM