Aiken City Limits will be a ‘weekend of all things music’
Aiken City Limits will be back this year from Oct. 18 to Oct. 21 and will bring “a good time and good music” to the city, according to the Aiken Downtown Development Association.
The event was created last year when several musical events were scheduled for the same weekend. That weekend turned into a city-wide music festival.
This year people will find music on the street corners of downtown Aiken during the festival. Musicians of all genres, from bluegrass to alternative rock to gospel, will be playing.
The City of Aiken Trolley will be providing transportation to events during the festival from noon to 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20.
Admission is free, but some events do require tickets. Tickets can be purchased at eventbrite.com.
To see the countdown to the festival and the City Trolley route, visit aikencitylimits.com.
Aiken City Limits 2018 event schedule
Thursday, Oct. 18
• Amp The Alley – 7 to 10 p.m.
• 4 Cats in the Dog House at The Willcox – 7 to 9 p.m.
• Passion Worship Nights at Millbrook Baptist Church – starting 7 p.m. (ticketed event)
• Live Music at The Red Pepper – starting 8 p.m.
• Karaoke at The Aiken Brewing Company – starting 9 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 19
• John Vaughn at The Willcox – 6 to 9 p.m.
• Bethany & The Southside Boys at Houndslake Country Club – 6 to 9 p.m.
• Aiken Center for the Arts Beaux Arts Masquerade Fundraiser – 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. (ticketed event)
• Live Music at The Aiken Brewing Company – starting 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 20
• Live Music at the Farmer’s Market
• Open Mic at the Indie Arts Vintage Market – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Depot Jam at the Aiken Visitors Center and Train Museum – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Enjoy Arts in the Parkways and Buskers – Noon to 5 p.m.
• Poetry & Art featuring a DJ at Perry Park – 2 to 4 p.m.
• Atomic Road at Atoms in The Alley – 5 to 7 p.m.
• Barry Richman & Kenney George at Aiken Music Fest at Highfields – 6 to 10 p.m.
• Trey & Company in The Alley – 7 to 10 p.m.
• The After Party featuring The Trongone Band & Friends for Allman Brothers Jam Fest at Newberry Hall – doors open at 9:30 p.m. and the show lasts from 10 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. (ticketed event - tickets can be bought at eventbrite.com )
Sunday, Oct. 21
• Rhyan Sinclair at Brunch in The Alley – Noon to 3 p.m.
• John Vaughn at Brunch at The Willcox
• Sunset Soiree and Dance Party - 5 to 9 p.m. Location revealed at noon Oct. 20 (ticketed event - tickets can be bought at eventbrite.com )