Ironton man sentenced to prison on drug violations
IRONTON — An Ironton man was sentenced Wednesday to two years in prison for selling and possessing drugs and for violating community control sanctions.
Kendrick Jones, 39, of the 500 block of South 10th Street, Ironton, was found competent to stand trial. He pleaded guilty to two counts of possession of drugs (meth and heroin) and four counts of trafficking in drugs. He also admitted violating community control sanctions.
He was sentenced in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court by Judge Charles “Chuck” Cooper.
In an unrelated case, Shane C. Blanton, 34, admitted violating community control sanctions by failing to report. He was sentenced to 10 months in prison.
In other cases:
• Joshua Harless, 39, of Township Road 279, South Point, pleaded guilty to failure to notify authorities of a change of address. Final sentencing for Harless, a registered sex offender, was set for Jan. 9.
• Katie Whitley, 34, of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence by trying to use a false urine sample. She faces a prison sentence of a year in prison. Final sentencing was set for Jan. 9.
• Kendra N. Griffiths, 35, of the 600 block of South 8th Street, Ironton, pleaded guilty to possession of drugs. She was placed on community control sanctions for four years and ordered to complete an outpatient treatment program.
• Eric M. Maddix, 32, of Ike Patton Drive, Ashland, pleaded guilty to possession of heroin and possession of drugs. He was placed on community control sanctions for four years and ordered to complete up to a six-month program at the STAR Community Justice Center in Franklin Furnace, Ohio.
• Kelli Collins, 31, of the 3400 block of Charles Street, Ashland, pleaded guilty in a drug case. Collins was placed on community control sanctions for four years and ordered to complete the program at STAR.
• Drug charges against Kelli L. Fickers, 38, of the 400 block of South 9th Street, Ironton, were dismissed.
• Breanna J. Boggess, 30, of the 1700 block of South 4th Street, Ironton, pleaded guilty in a burglary case. Final sentencing was set for Jan. 16.
• Nathan L. Craft, 41, of Gainsway Drive, Worthington, Kentucky, pleaded guilty in a drug possession case and was placed on community control sanctions for four years.
• James R. Jenkins, 43, of the 700 block of Wyanoke Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to illegal conveyance of prohibited items onto the grounds of a detention facility, aggravated trafficking in drugs and two counts of possession of drugs (fentanyl and meth). Bond was set at $10,000.
• Felicia Smallwood, 23, of Springfield, Ohio, pleaded innocent to trafficking in drugs (fentanyl), possession of drugs and tampering with evidence. Bond was set at $2,500.
• Cierra Hauff, 32 , of Coalton, Ohio, formerly of Salt Rock, West Virginia, pleaded innocent to a charge of trafficking in drugs (meth) and possession of meth. A $25,000 signature bond was set in the case.