VivaTech 2019: Thales Receives Global Innovator Award and Invites Visitors to Be Astronauts for a Day
PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 7, 2019--
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190506005645/en/
“Thales Alenia Space”. Copyright: Thales
Global recognition for research and innovation
The Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators ranking recognises the volume, success and influence of the patents filed by technology companies. Thales has appeared six times in this prestigious ranking, reflecting the company’s commitment to innovating, bringing inventions to market and protecting its ideas.
This distinction comes at a turning point in Thales’s history. With the completion of the acquisition of Gemalto on 2 April, the Group now employs 28,000 engineers, devotes €1 billion a year to self-funded R&D and maintains a portfolio of 20,500 patents, including 400 filed in 2018. At the show, Thales will also sign the LGBT+ Charter championed by Autre Cercle, thus highlighting the group’s strategy of promoting diversity and inclusion across its talent pool, as a way to free creative potential and foster innovation.
Thales at VivaTech: AI for every decisive moment
Thales will be showcasing its latest innovations alongside some 30 start-ups from six countries specialising in artificial intelligence, connectivity, drone technology, cybersecurity and robotics.
A series of demonstrations will show how advanced technology helps real-life users to understand the most complex situations:
- Columbus invites visitors to feel what it’s like to be an astronaut on-board the International Space Station’s science laboratory.
- The autonomous train demonstrator lets visitors drive a New York City subway train and see how they match up to the capabilities of artificial intelligence.
- Piume allows users to experience what it’s like to be an explorer or a researcher working in harsh environments.
- Geonav uses the Galileo satellite constellation to prevent risks faced by high-level athletes, without the dropped signals that often occur inside sports stadiums.
- Smart New World combines the power of holographic displays with IoT (Internet of Things) technology.
- The 3D interactive hologram table developed with the Australian start up Euclideon models anything you can imagine: cities, objects, design techniques and much more.
Thales experts will also be taking part in around 40 panel sessions to discuss how artificial intelligence that is trustable, explainable and certifiable can be used to invent or reinvent the cities of the future, develop autonomous trains and future medical imaging solutions, protect the environment and take space exploration to the next frontier. The schedule for the demonstrations and panel sessions can be found on the Thales event website.
Thales Decisive Journeys at VivaTech
- DecisiveJourney#1: From space observation to personal data protection: find out how trusted AI is a decisive technology for Thales
- DecisiveJourney#2: Thales technologies applied to environmental protection
- DecisiveJourney#3: Artificial nano-neurons and medical imaging: Thales innovations reshaping the future of medicine
- DecisiveJourney#4: How to develop responsible AI
- DecisiveJourney#5: How digital is changing our companies and work methods
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. With 80,000 employees in 68 countries, Thales reported sales of €19 billion in 2018
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190506005645/en/
CONTACT: Thales, Media Relations
Alice Pruvot +33 (0)7 70 27 11 37
KEYWORD: EUROPE FRANCE
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY ELECTRONIC DESIGN AUTOMATION HARDWARE INTERNET SOFTWARE MANUFACTURING AEROSPACE
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/07/2019 01:00 AM/DISC: 05/07/2019 01:00 AM