Donations Accepted to Help Earthquake Victims
Undated (AP) _ Donations to help victims of the San Francisco area earthquake are being accepted by several organizations, including:
- American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C., 20013, or to the local Red Cross chapters. Also 800-453-9000.
- Feed the Children, 333 N. Meridian, Oklahoma City, Okla., 73101, 405-942-0228.
- American Jewish World Service, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, N.Y., 10104. 212-468-7380.
- The National Catholic Disaster Relief Committee, 1319 F Street NW, Washington, D.C., 20004.
- The Salvation Army is accepting donations through local units or through the Salvation Army National Headquarters, 799 Bloomfield Ave., Verona, N.J., 07044. Checks designated for earthquake relief will be used entirely for that purpose, the agency says.
- Episcopal Church-The Presiding Bishop’s Fund for World Relief, The Episcopal Church Center, 815 Second Ave., New York, N.Y., 10017.
- World Relief, P.O. Box WRC, Wheaton, Ill., 60189. 312-665-0235.
- Church World Service, P.O. Box 968, Elkhart, Ind., 46515. 212-870-3151.
- Direct Relief International, 2801-B De La Vina St., Santa Barbara, Calif. 93105. 805-687-3694.
- Operation California-USA 7615 1.2 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, Calif., 90046. 213-658-8876.
- World Vision, 919 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, Calif., 91016. 818-357-7979.
- A fund has been established to aid Julio and Cathy Berumen, the children pulled from the wreckage of Interstate 880. The Julio and Cathy Fund, care of Summit Bank, 2969 Broadway, Oakland, Calif., 94611.