Fly Fishing Weekends to be offered at Kentucky State Parks this year
FRANKFORT, Kentucky — Kentucky State Parks are offering a series of Fly Fishing Weekends at six parks running through November of this year. The weekends include one day of classroom work and a second day of fishing on a stream. Bill Carman, a hunting and fishing guide with more than 50 years of experience, will serve as the instructor.
Participants will learn how to choose equipment, select a fly, read a stream and how to hook and land a fish. Flies and loaner rods and reels will be provided.
Each of the parks are offering overnight packages for one or two people that include the fly-fishing program, lodging (one or two nights) and some meals. There is also a day rate for those who are not overnighting at a park. Please call the park for prices and reservations. Prices start at $162 for a single overnight package and vary by park. For questions about the program, email Carman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the dates and parks offering the fly-fishing weekend:
• June 1-2, Breaks Interstate Park. 276-865-4413.
• August 16-18, Lake Cumberland State Resort Park, 270-343-3111.
• Aug. 24-25, Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, 606-528-4121.
• Nov. 2-3, Pine Mountain State Resort Park, 606-337-3066.
• Nov. 16-17, Natural Bridge State Resort Park, 606-663-2214.
For more information about these weekends, visit www.parks.ky.gov and look up the event on the calendar.