Global Chia Seed Market - Analysis of Growth, Trends and Forecast (2019-2024) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 2, 2019--The “Global Chia Seed Market - Analysis of Growth, Trends and Forecast (2019 - 2024)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Chia seeds market is one of the fastest growing commodity markets, globally, and projected to reach USD 2.1 billion by 2022, registering a CAGR of 40.62% during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
About 80% of the global chia supply comes from Latin America. Other countries, like Australia, and to a smaller extent, select countries in Asia-Pacific are scaling production to meet the global demand.
Organic and non-GMO variants are the emerging trends for chia seeds. In terms of product launches, chia is used as a functional ingredient in a number of bakery products, muesli bars, peanut butter, and cereals, among others.
Growing popularity of chia seeds and increased use in various industries are the major drivers for the market. However, rapid price fluctuations of chia seeds per ton, availability of cheaper alternatives, and geographically consolidated production are some of the restraining factors for the market.
Geographically, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa. Asia-Pacific is the target market for chia seeds and expected to witness the fastest growth, due to a large consumer base and their inclination toward super foods.
Also, in 2014, North America witnessed the largest food & beverage launches with chia ingredients, followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe. In the future, the demand for chia-based products is expected to increase in the United Kingdom, Brazil, Chile, Spain, and India.
Recent Industry Insights:
- In 2016, Mamma Chia, a leading private company in the chia seeds market, introduced its new energy drink named Seed Your Soul, with chia seed, combined with the extract of different fruits.
- The European Commission has approved the use of chia seed in bread products, with a limit not more than 5%. The food industry, other than for bread, of various countries, including the United States, Canada, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico use chia seeds and its oil for different applications, such as, breakfast cereals, bars, cookie snacks, fruit juices, cake, and yoghurt.
Key Deliverables in the Chia Seeds Market:
- Market analysis for the global chia seeds market, with region-specific assessments
- Market overview and identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors, which affect the global chia seed market and are instrumental in changing the market scenario on a regional scale.
- The report contains production, consumption, and import-export analysis for chia seeds, for different regions, considered for the study.
The Report Holds Importance for the Following Stakeholders:
- Chia growers
- Enterprises providing agricultural inputs
- Traders and companies operating in the segment
- Crop processing companies
- Crop importers and exporters
- Investors/research institutions interested in the crop market
- Chia Seeds Market Report Customization Options
Policies supporting crop production and trade:
- Trade analysis
- Trend analysis
- Future of the crop market
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Chia Seeds Market Drivers
3.1.1 Growing Popularity of Super Foods
3.1.2 Increased Usage in Food Industry
3.1.3 Increased Area under Chia Seeds
3.1.4 Being used as Animal Feed
3.2 Chia Seeds Market Restraints
3.2.1 Rapid Price Fluctuations
3.2.2 Geographically Consolidated Production
3.2.3 Availability of Cheaper Alternatives
4. Market Segmentation by Geography
4.1 North America Chia Seeds Market
4.2 Europe Chia Seeds Market
4.3 Asia Pacific Chia Seeds Market
4.4 South America Chia Seeds Market
4.5 Africa Chia Seeds Market
5. Future Outlook of the Chia Seeds Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sjrvqw/global_chia_seed?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190402005800/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Health Food and Sports Nutrition,Seeds
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: NATURAL RESOURCES AGRICULTURE RETAIL FOOD/BEVERAGE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/02/2019 11:20 AM/DISC: 04/02/2019 11:20 AM