Prosecutors: Officers who shot suspect won’t be charged
BOSTON (AP) — A prosecutor has determined that no criminal charges are warranted against three police officers who shot at a convicted felon who had just shot a Boston officer in the face.
Suffolk District Attorney Dan Conley said Tuesday that the two Boston officers and a state trooper acted lawfully in self-defense when they shot at Angelo West last year. West was killed.
Officers were responding to reports of gunfire in the city’s Roxbury neighborhood on March 27, 2015, when they pulled over West’s car. West shot Officer John Moynihan in the face at close range. Moynihan spent about two weeks in the hospital and survived.
West jumped out of the car and fired at the other officers as he fled.
Conley says he shared a copy of the investigation with West’s family.