Global Rigid Plastic Packaging Market Forecast Report 2019-2023; Led by ALPLA, Amcor, Berry Global, RPC Group, and Sonoco Products Company - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 14, 2019--The “Global Rigid Plastic Packaging Market 2019-2023” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The rigid plastic packaging market will register a CAGR of close to 6% by 2023.
Products made from rigid transparent plastics are used across the automotive, aviation, construction, electrical and electronics, and lighting sector, primarily because of their optical clarity, durability, and insulation.
- In the automotive sector, rigid transparent plastics are extensively used for making windshields and sun visors, light covers, and automotive glazing as they offer UV light resistance and optical clarity.
- In the aviation sector, rigid transparent plastics are used for making windows and canopies of airplanes as they can withstand high pressure and temperature differences.
- In the electronics industry, these plastics are used for making screens of laptops, smartphones and television.
- In the electric industry, rigid transparent plastics are used for manufacturing LED because of their optical clarity.
- Rigid transparent plastics are durable and are used for making facades and aquarium structures in the construction industry.
Increasing demand for convenient packaging solutions
Customer convenience is a top priority for most vendors operating in the consumer goods market. Therefore, products that require minimum effort to store and transport are enticing potential consumers. R&D activities are focusing on developing packaging help end-users carry and store products.
Rigid transparent plastic packaging is an alternative for conventional packaging, such as glass or metal, as they are lightweight and can be easily carried. For vendors, lightweight packaging is cost-effective.
Volatility in raw material prices
Volatility in raw materials poses a serious challenge to the growth of the market. Crude oil is the major raw material required for making plastic-based products and fluctuations in crude oil prices impact the price of the end-products.
Fluctuations in raw material prices have a direct impact on the production cost of materials made of plastics including rigid transparent plastic and affect the profit margins of vendors.
The market appears to be fragmented and with the presence of several companies. This market research report will help clients identify new growth opportunities and design unique growth strategies by providing a comprehensive analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and offering information on the products offered by companies.
- Berry Global
- RPC Group
- Sonoco Products Company
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
PART 03: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Market segmentation analysis
PART 04: MARKET SIZING
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2018
- Market size and forecast 2018-2023
PART 05: FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
PART 06: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY TYPE
- Comparison by type
- PC - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- PS - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- PMMA - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- SAN and ABS - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- PVC - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- PP - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Other polymer types - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by type
PART 07: CUSTOMER LANDSCAPE
PART 08: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY APPLICATION
- Comparison by application
- Building and construction - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Electrical and electronics - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Automotive - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Packaging - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Medical - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Other applications - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Market opportunity by application
PART 09: GEOGRAPHIC LANDSCAPE
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- EMEA - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Americas - Market size and forecast 2018-2023
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity
PART 10: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 11: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
PART 12: MARKET TRENDS
- Shift to bio-based plastic
- Increasing use of rigid transparent plastics in 3D printing
- Increasing use of PC in LED lighting
PART 13: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Landscape disruption
- Competitive Scenario
PART 14: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Market positioning of vendors
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x4s8j4/global_rigid?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190214005685/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Plastic Packaging
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MANUFACTURING PACKAGING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/14/2019 11:57 AM/DISC: 02/14/2019 11:57 AM